Beautiful complexion is very important for making a good impression on other people. The one who has a light appearance looks healthy, well-groomed and just glorious. That is why today many people whiten their skin. The procedure helps to look well and can be done not only at a beauty salon but also at home.
It is easy to lighten skin but remember that in some cases it can cause allergy or skin irritation. So you should be careful with skin-lightening products and use them reasonably.
Why skin becomes dark
Usually people need to whiten their skin if they have darkened skin. There many different reasons for skin darkening but the most common are the following ones:
- Usage of some medicines for a long time;
- Ultraviolet irradiation;
- Hormonal alterations caused by pregnancy, age, etc.
- Vitamin imbalance;
- Nervous system disorders.
If one of these problems spoils your appearance and you are looking for quality lightening products our tips will help you to choose an effective treatment.
Skin-whitening cosmetics and its components
Beauty salons and shops offer a lot of different skin-whitening products but not all of them are really good at skin-lightening. To make the right decision, before buying a product you should make sure that is contains the following components:
- Glycolic acid;
- Fruit acids;
- Natural components.
All these ingredients stimulate renewal of the skin and are rather effective but you should be careful with hydroquinone. It can produce some side effects and so a product containing hydroquinone should not be used longer than several months. You also should not use tretinol too often because it may evoke skin sloughing.
Home remedies for skin lightening
If you do not want to spend too much money on special cosmetics you may also whiten your skin at home using natural and common components. Below we will tell you about some time-proved home remedies which will help you to make your skin light and attractive.
- To make a natural lotion you can use tangerines, leaves of rosa centifolia and walnuts. Just wipe your face twice a day with this tincture and soon you will see the result.
- Another way to prepare a good lotion is to squeeze juice out of horseradish or lemon and add cold water in the ratio 1:1. Do not use the lotion if you have sensitive and dry skin.
- If you prefer a multicomponent lotion, blend half a glass of milk with vodka (2 tablespoons), lemon juice (one tablespoon), and sugar (one teaspoon).
Mint, sandal patchouli, eucalyptus, oregano, rosemary, turmeric and black pepper have a good anti-pigmental effect on skin. So you may add several drops of these essential oils into lightening products.
Wet a piece of gauze with herbal tincture, sour milk or lemon juice (you can also use strawberry or raspberry juice) and apply it on the face for 10–15 minutes twice a week.
Whitening masks is one of the best ways to lighten skin quickly and effectively. In addition they are easy to make. There are a lot of different homemade masks recipes but we will consider several the most popular and useful of them.
1. Cucumber mask
Grate several slices of cucumber and blend it with the equal amount of grinded parsley. Add to the mixture one tablespoon of sour milk and one teaspoon lemon juice. Stir the mixture up.
2. Berry and honey mask
Blend two tablespoons of strawberry pulp with one teaspoon of honey.
3. Sour milk mask
Mix two tablespoons of sour milk with one tablespoon of lemon pulp. Apply the mixture on the face for 10-15 minutes and wash it well away with warm water.
4. Parsley mask
Grind two tablespoons of parsley and blend with one tablespoon of honey and one teaspoon of lemon juice.
These simple recipes will help you to lighten your skin at home and make it healthier. We also can give you some pieces of advice on how to apply the masks properly and reach maximum effect from the skin-whitening treatment:
- Use only the masks which contain components familiar to your skin. To test the mask, just apply it on your wrist or behind an ear. It will help you to avoid allergy. If there is no reaction, you can apply it on your face.
- Apply the mask only onto steamed and cleaned skin.
- Whitening masks can be applied not more often than twice a week.
- After rinsing off the mask, apply lightening cream.